St Paul's Artsfest
Runs until Saturday, September 18th, 2021 (See all dates)
- 12:30pm - 10:00pm
- St Paul's Church, Cambridge, CB2 1JP
Cambridge locals and visitors are in for a treat when St Paul’s Church on Hills Road opens its doors for their bi-annual Artsfest, a four-day celebration of music, comedy, workshops, talks and community. Performance highlights include:
• 15 September, 7.30pm: An evening of comedy with JULIET MEYERS, PETER HOLLOWAY & REV. RAVI HOLY.
• 16 September, 12.30pm: VICTORIA ROYCE’S CLARINET TRIO. Piano - Victoria Royce; clarinet - Elliot DeVivo; and cello - Emily Smith. Music to include Bruch, the German romantic composer, who wrote over 200 pieces for three instruments.
• 16 September, 7.30pm: Music from the legend that is MARTYN JOSEPH.
• 17 September, 7.30pm: Jazz with award-winning British saxophone legend TONY KOFI and jazz multi-instrumentalist TIM BONIFACE.
• 18 September, 7.30pm: Scratch medley of well-known songs from musicals. Local music teacher and musical theatre composer, SIMON HUMPHREYS leads the choir, and Lecturer in Music and tenor LARRY ZAZZO performs some beautiful counter tenor solos.
Across the four days, Artsfest also hosts a series of eclectic, arts-focused workshops suitable for all ages and abilities. The workshops cover everything from writing drama, drawing and painting, to electronic music and silk screen printing with some of the country’s leading arts practitioners.
And if that's not enough, there are a series of talks tackling a wide range of topics, including political activism, contemporary feminism, the information age, religion, and poetry, which includes a reading from the world poetry slam champion, HARRY BAKER.
More Information (Star Radio - Cambridge is not responsible for external websites)
St Paul's Church
The event runs from 12:30pm to 10:00pm on the following dates.
Select a date to add this event to your calendar app.